Monday, December 15, 2008

family get together

Saturday the 13th my mom and her brothers and sisters got together along with the grandkids that could come and we had our annual Perkins christmas get together. I really don't know when they started butas long as can remember I remember going to Mesa or Tucson or staying here on the mountain for a Christmas get together on my moms side and the aunts and uncles would bring potluck and we would enjoy the company of everyone. In the last few years they started doing soup and rolls every year. My aunt Cil is always designated to make the rolls and then the other 8 would bring and soup or 2 or 3 each. On Saturday there was probably 12 different kinds of soups along with grandma perkins homemade noodles made by aunt Jane and aunt Shirlene and rolls to feed an army and then some. There were so many that I got too full to try all of them, but the ones I did eat were really good. Every year uncle Cecil would bring oranges, grapefruit and lemons for those that wanted to take some. Yesterday morning we woke up to snow again there was probably 2-3 inches and its snowing again today and is in the forecast till Thursday. I'm excited for Christmas to come and be together with family and hope that all of you will have a very merry christmas

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Sounds like a fun tradition! We wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Eileen said...

It is nice getting together and keeping up the tradition. The soups are great, if only I could eat Cecilia's rolls. Hope you are feeling better. Love, Aunt Eileen

Valentines